The DURAN heat pump units are particularly suitable for applications using radiant panel heating systems or low temperature applications such as suitably dimensioned fan-coil, thermal ventilation and AHUs for delivery temperatures of 50°C. All versions are fitted with noiseless EC axial fans and with Twin Rotary inverter compressors that allow complete power management of each individual component. In fact, the compressor, fan and circulators are continuously regulated by a programmed control unit with an internally developed control logic. It has been designed to be intuitive immediately usable; this allows the unit to be inserted into a large number of system configurations.
The 2-pipe units can control a high and low temperature circuit simultaneously.This solution allows the unit, via a hot water probe to control the temperature inside a domestic hot water storage tank (probe in the DHW storage tank) and to control a 3-way valve. The production of domestic hot water always has priority.
The heat pump normally operates to meet the heating comfort requirements of the building, but when the temperature of the water in the tank falls below a set threshold, the control unit produces domestic hot water: if the unit is operating as a heat pump for heating the building, the 3-way valve will be switched and the set point will be modified; if the unit is producing chilled water for air conditioning, the control unit switches the unit into heat pump mode, assigns it the set point for the domestic hot water (which is normally higher than the system set point) and the 3-way valve is piloted to reach the appropriate position.
Once the water in the domestic hot water tank has reached the set temperature, the unit automatically reverts to producing water for the heating and air conditioning system.
Compact air-water inverter heat pump for outdoor installation with an EC brushless axial fan and a BLDC Twin Rotary Inverter compressor. It has a cutting-edge design, the structure of which is polyester powder coated and oven cured, RAL 7016 coloured.
The structure is self-supporting with removable panels to make inspection and maintenance easer.
The heat source is the outside air down to a minimum of - 20°C. Low noise is guaranteed by an intelligent control system that regulates the speed of the compressor and fan according to actual requirements. The use of anti-vibration mountings for the compressor and multi-layer noise insulation on the casing mean that noise is reduced to a minimum.
The control logic allows:
- Fan and compressor regulation for special installation environments.
- Electronically controlled delivery temperature via the heating or cooling curve.
The refrigerant gas used is R410a. Cooling circuit with very high efficiency twin rotary inverter compressor. Pressure transducers and safety pressure switch. Stainless steel plate desuperheating exchanger and plate heat exchanger for evaporation / condensation. Copper-aluminium finned pack evaporator with special hydrophilic treated finning.
Dual defrost system by way of hot gas injection and/or reverse cycle.
The source side heat exchangers are made of copper pipes and aluminium fins coated with hydrophilic paint that encourages water run-off. The user side braze-welded stainless steel plate exchanger allows the amount of refrigerant gas to be reduced to the minimum and maximise the efficiency due to the large heat exchange surface.
The brushless EC axial fan has been designed to reduce noise to a minimum and to maximise efficiency. The speed of rotation is continuously regulated by the control unit.
Control and protection
Carel electronic control with integrated inverter driver control combined with the compressor, pump and fan modulation. Climate logic management. Standard ModBUS communication protocol.
The unit is equipped with a series of alarms designed to protect it from faults. These are managed entirely by the control unit that makes them available and accessible. It is also possible to access the controller via the control unit if you need to make any adjustments.
Remote controller (optional)
The control unit consists of CAREL hardware and can be combined with a highly intuitive controller with which all the operating parameters, set points and usage settings can be controlled. The controller allows direct connection to the heating system with or without a storage tank, or more commonly, by connecting the latter to the heating system at two or four points. The storage tank is charged at a set point for DHW and with a heating or cooling curve for heating / cooling circuit.
All units are fully assembled and wired. They are inspected to high standards, undergo leak and vacuum cycle tests, and are filled with an eco-friendly refrigerant. They undergo a complete functional test before being delivered. All units comply with European Directives and have a CE marking and relative certificate of conformity.
Other auxiliary controls are possible with HP1 - GOLD system expansion, an expansion module that connects as a BUS accessory to the existing control unit and allows important and innovative functions to be added that are useful for more complex systems:
- DPAC: a 0-10V input that regulates the power used by the heat pump according to the instantaneous availability of the solar energy system. This is an extremely innovative logic developed by Thermics Energie: when the heat pump is set to "ECO" mode, it operates according to the availability of energy and its wide modulation range means that it will avoid drawing electricity from other sources.
- MIX1: available for the management of a general system mixed unit with 0-10V signal.
- INFO SEASON: an outlet that alerts the rest of the season change system.
- HEAT TRANSF: a setting that specifies the logics used for heat transfer through a plate heat exchanger or a secondary transfer boiler.
- HYBRID: relay activation of heating integration using a second source both on the DHW side and on the heating side.
Multiple units can also be controlled with HP2 – expansion module for cascade control. To extend the life of the heat pumps, the controller can intelligently control the rotation of the units in the case of partial load.
To control all heat pump activities remotely.
- Remote Brain is a simple and inexpensive system for monitoring residential installations that allows you to switch on Thermics Energie heat pumps, control their respective temperatures, monitor their operation and to provide the heating comfort requirements of the home directly from any device, both inside and outside the home. This innovative system means that all the main terminal units for HVAC and the production of domestic hot water are constantly monitored, to enable the heat pump to be used in the most efficient way and to obtain maximum savings in terms of energy and cost.
- The information is transmitted locally using Wireless technology to Tablets, Smartphones and PCs directly from the ADSL router, which uploads it to a data collection CLOUD. This means that the data is always up to date and can be used at any time and on any device, wherever you are. The system also allows you to report heat pump malfunctions, meaning that trained technicians can take the appropriate action quickly. They will immediately know the reason for the malfunction and be able to restore correct operation of the heat pump rapidly.
- Remote Brain has an annual charge for maintaining the service and its functions (see t-Service).
is the service dedicated to service centres. tService makes carrying out maintenance faster and more effective with a ready-to-use remote control solution specifically designed for service centres.
Functions available with tService:
- Reading and writing variables in real time
- Data logging with frequencies up to 5 seconds
- Alarm management with e-mail notification
- Reports and graphs, using up to 300 variables
- Programmable SW update checks
With tService, you can take out a 1-year subscription, or longer if you wish, in order monitor the heat pump at all times.
* Energy efficiency class for low temperature (35°C) heating applications under "average" climatic conditions
** Energy efficiency class for medium temperature (55°C) heating applications under "average" climatic conditions